Monday, July 26, 2010

Fore!!!

My friend Jangmee was coming to town to celebrate her mother's 70th birthday and asked me to make cupcakes for the special event. All she asked was that they were golf themed, I do love an open canvas.  So I did some research and shopped around for all my equipment and got to baking. 


Little did I know this was going to lead to discovering my new favorite chocolate cupcake recipe and the cutest little cupcake you've ever seen!!


I love this recipe...so, I mean SO easy, it uses very common baking ingredients and they turned out so tasty and moist http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/one-bowl-chocolate-cupcakes.  I kept it traditional and topped the chocolate cupcake with a buttercream frosting, the same recipe I used for the 4th of July cupcakes (see previous post for the recipe)...it's become a new staple of mine and had a good time with decorating them.  I mixed 2 different color green sprinkles together and dipped the cupcakes, added a golf flag (I don't know the technical term for them), little mini mint as the ball and VOILA Azn Mamma's 70th birthday cupcakes...to 70 more!!




No comments: