Thursday, July 8, 2010

"It's the (second) most wonderful time of the year"

Christmas will always be my favorite holiday but I do LOVE the 4th of July!!!   So I had to honor my second favorite holiday with an appropriate cupcake however I had one stipulation...they had to be quick and easy so I didn't miss out on the tubing, cook outs and baseball game. I have to thank my friend Marisa for coming up with the perfect idea...red, white and blue cupcakes made from a white cake mix.  All you do is get a white cake mix, divide it into 3 bowls and dye one red, the other blue and leave one plain, spoon one of each color in the cupcake liner and mix it up with a toothpick.  Voila...a festive, beautiful, holiday appropriate cupcake!

We topped it with buttercream frosting.  I just used the recipe from the powdered sugar bag and topped it with blueberries from the farmer's market we picked up that morning and strawberries.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!



No comments: