Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Coconut Cupcakes & Sheryl Crows Nest Ice Cream (????)



My sister's birthday is in June and I wanted to come up with something seasonal so I went for the coconut flavor. Traditional yet delicious...a creamy frosting topped with sweet flaky coconut...great combo! But what could I do to make it extra special for my sister's birthday??? Well make her some homemade ice cream of course. But not just any ice cream, this Sheryl Crows Nest was a flavor my husband and I concocted to enter in a Ben & Jerry's contest a couple years back and LOST!! We lost??? We thought we were right on...listen to this...vanilla ice cream with chocolate covered almonds and haystacks (chow mein noodles covered in peanut butter and butterscotch chips) mixed together to enjoy at the same time, in the same bite...I know, we still don't get it either...but it was perfectly suited for a June bday.



No comments: